jueves, 18 de diciembre de 2014

Sly and the family Stone

Como agradecerte lo mil veces agradecido, como no aprovechar la oportunidad para dedicar unos buenos minutos de pura música, de funk fusión de mano de una de las grandes bandas de los años 70.
Conocí a Sly and the family Stone, de manos del gran Pepe Colubi, que cuenta una anécdota sobre ellos en Ilustres Ignorantes. Bob Marley and the Wailers fueron teloneros de este grupo pero tan solo durante un par de semanas, un par de semanas en las que arrasaron en todos los conciertos, razón por la cual Sly and the family Stone les dijeron bye bye.

Como tanto repito, nada hay que más me guste en la música que la fusión de estilos. Sly and the family stone son un claro ejemplo, fueron pioneros en la fusión de la música de los años 70 y forman parte del Salon de la Fama. De todas maneras no han tenido ese reconocimiento mediático por el que te conoce cualquier generación, por eso queremos dedicarles un día. Por eso serán ellos quien te canten Thank you.

Empezamos por If you want me to Stay, sencillo que lanzaron en 1973 mientras todavía eran la banda original y he querido compartir con vosotros este vídeo porque es uno de los finales musicales más largos del programa Soul Train, programa musical estadounidense que estuvo en antena 35 años, y en el podéis conocer a los integrantes. Para finalizar, y de nuevo en Soul Train su segundo número uno en los 40 principales de Estados Unidos.

De nuevo, gracias.






If you want me to stay


If you want me to stay,
I'll be around today,
to be available for you to see.
But I am about to go,
And then you'll know,
For me to stay here I got to be me.

You'll never be in doubt,
That's what it's all about,
You can't take me for granted and smile.
Count the days I'm gone
Forget reachin' me by phone
Because I promise I'll be gone for a while.

And when you see me again,
I hope that you have been,
The kind of person....that you really are now.
Got to get in straight,
How could I ever be late,
When you're my woman taking up my time.

Whoa, oh how could I ever allow,
I guess I wonder how,
I could get out a pocket for fun. HOW HOW!!
When you know that you're never number two,
Number one's gonna be number one,
ohh oww oohh

I'll be good,
I wish I could
I get this message over to you now.
ahhh, yeah, message, mmmm
When you see me again,
I hope that you have been,
The kind of person you really are now.
I'll be so good, oh
I wish I could,
I get this message over to you now.
ahhh, yeah.....
Thank you

Lookin' at the devil, grinnin' at his gun
fingers start shakin', i begin to run
Bullets start chasin', i begin to stop
we begin to wrestle i was on the top
Want to thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
i wanna thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
Stiff all in the collar, fluffy in the face
chit chat chatter tryin', i begin to run
Want to thank you for the party, i could never stay
many thangs is on my mind, words in the way
Want to thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
Dance to the music
all nite long
everyday people
sing a simple song
Mama's so happy
mama start to cry
papa still singin'
you can make it if you try
I want to thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
Flamin' eyes of people fear, burnin' into you
many men are missin' much, hatin' what they do
Youth and truth are makin' love
dig it for a starter
dyin' young is hard to take
sellin' out is harder
I want to thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
thank you falettinme be mice elf agin

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Lo más visto